In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there is only war.
Time: Sundays 3PM EST → ?
Place: #catmandu irc.otherworlders.org
Rogue Trader, Into The Storm, (other books subject to GM approval, or constant Karma nagging about Dark Heresy stuff, you’d think his career was from those books)
- The Career Origin Paths row is a “free choice row”;
- OW combat rules used; Talents, Equipment, Psyker Fettered/Unfettered/Pushing and Psychic Phenomena rules also updated to OW, save for DoS/DoF rules and the “Dark Summoning” Peril of the Warp. Careers, Ranks etc stay the same.
- Exceptional Leader can be used outside combat. For Extended Actions, the beneficiary must be in sight of the Rogue Trader at all times. It does not apply to PF rolls.
- Once a player makes an Acquisition Test in a session (successful or not), every subsequent test by that player has a cumulative –10 modifier. This refreshes if the player has left for a long time (GM’s discretion)
- If a player ever fails an Acquisition Test by more than five degrees, and gets a result of 96-00, the player must roll on Table 9–41: Misfortunes to see if his reckless spending has permanently crippled his resources.
- Peer adds +10 each to relevant acquisitions rolls for the character. Enemy is a -10.
- Unnatural Characteristics x2 → +4, x3→ +8, etc via BC rules (whenever someone with an Unnatural Characteristic succeeds on a Test utilizing that Characteristic, they gain a number of bonus Degrees of Success equal to half of their Unnatural Characteristic).
- Markov 1 Engines instead reduce warp time by 1d5 per week in Base Journey Time. Markov 2 Engines reduce by 1d5 per two weeks.
- Dark Heresy characters start with a free characteristic upgrade in each stat, but start at rank 1